Home
Updated Sep 9, 2006
Harbor Hill Estate Images, p.2
Looking due east from the front circular driveway. That's the elaborate carriage house designed by Warren and Wetmore at the end of this road.
Here we have a close up of the carriage house. This facility also doubled as the garage as the automobile became the primary mode of transportation a few years after the estate was built.
The west end of the mansion in 1904. Major landscaping improvements to the formal gardens were not complete until 1910 when Jaques Greber was employed by Clarence Mackay for that purpose. 1910 saw the installation of the Henri Greber fountain in lieu of the first fountain shown to the left
1904 view to the west from the mansion's west terrace. Six years later this area was transformed into beutiful Italian style formal gardens. The Marly Horses were soon to dominate the western most end of these gardens. 
Home