|Updated June 27, 2008|
|Clarence H. Mackay, Harbor Hill and the Postal Telegraph|
|Click on image above.||Click on estate image above.|
|Click on art above.||Click on logo above.|
|The purpose of this web site is to preserve a bit of fading history and to serve as a means for exchanging historical information concerning:|
|1. Clarence H. Mackay (1874-1938), family man, sportsman, business man, and patron of the arts.
2. Harbor Hill (1898-1938), 648 acre Mackay estate, Roslyn, New York.
3. Commercial Cable Company (1883-1988). See John Crellin's site.
4. Postal Telegraph-Cable Company (1886-1943).
5. Mackay Radio Company (1925 to 2006).
6. International Telephone and Telegraph Company (ITT) (1923 to 1997).
7. Art, Arms and Armor and Tapestry Collections.
| 1. Background
2. Clarence Mackay
3. Harbor Hill
4. Art, Armor & Tapestry
5. Cable and Telegraph
- Commercial Cable Co
- Postal Telegraph Co
- Mackay Radio Co
- Original Telegraph Ads
6. Timeline (1831-1947)
7. Local Interest: Roslyn
- Estate remnants
- A Few Old Postcards
8. Sources & Links
- Bibliographical info
9. Mackay Stories
& Readers Comments
10. Project Author
& Contact Page
|Do you know something about any of these subjects? I solicit your comments and stories and add visitor input under the heading, "Mackay Stories".|
| **New or Updated Pages**
1. 1939 Real Estate Ad, Harbor Hill For Sale - Jun 08
2. Latest readers' comments - May 08
3. Two new, excellent Mackay books - May 08
4. Reminiscences of dairyman's daughter - Feb 08
5. Rare book found - Mackay art collection - Dec 07
6. Location of John W. Mackay's railroad - Nov 07
|S.S. Olympic, Click for story||Royal Cortissoz describes estate|
|Images used on this site come from a collection of ephemera put together during the past several years. My aim is to credit all of my sources and respect copyright laws. If you have any question concerning sources, please review my page on the subject and/or contact me. If I have used anything on this site incorrectly, let me know and I will take corrective action. My intent is solely to share information with others interested in these historic subjects. Thanks for visiting my site.|
|NEW FEATURE. Click here to visit "The Telegraph Cable Web-ring".|
|More than 12000
Visitors since Aug 10, 2004
Counter temporarily inoperative
|Copyright Bill McLaughlin 2004|